Monday, January 18, 2016

On Doing

Busy


There are times in life when we feel, no matter what or how much we do, things just don't seem to work out right or in our favor. We try to be prepared, to get our ducks in a row, to store up our treasures for rainy days, but nothing satisfies. It may seem to us that we just aren't DO-ing enough. The bills keep on piling up. The chores mount.  There isn't any time left for ourselves, what with the laundry to do or hauling kids to soccer practice, dance, and after school games. Doing becomes an addiction. If we aren't doing, we feel we can't be successful.

Doing can be just as much of an ego crutch or avoidance tactic as not doing. 

Filling our lives with activity, projects, and work alone will never fulfill the needs of our lives, especially when our energies become spread too thinly causing us to loose focus on our larger goals.

When doing doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere it is time to look more closely at the hidden attitudes and beliefs that we hold and at our choices.

I am just not good enough.
Good things never happen to me.
I never have enough of what I need.
I am not as talented as they are . . .
The world is a hard place.
I can't afford to take the risk. 

What attitudes do we hold on to that could be blocking life's prosperity from flowing into our worlds.
Our thoughts and beliefs open and shut the doors of life, attracting to and repelling situations and circumstances that we both want and desire as well as those we fear. The more we dwell in the shadow of fear, nurturing thoughts of fear and self loathing the harder it is for the blessings of life to flow into us.  No matter what or how we do, a block, is a block, is a block. Doing alone is only a tiny piece of the pie, wanting and allowing are far more important when it comes creating the lives we desire.

Today I would like to affirm the efforts of my hands.

I am taking the passage and affirmation from Louise L. Hay's book, Meditations to Heal Your Life.

On Doing:

I flow with an attitude of serendipity through all kinds of experiences. There are endless ways of doing things. if I have done a great deal of work, I rejoice. If I have done very little work, I rejoice. If I have done nothing at all, I still rejoice. Whatever I do is perfect in the moment. There is really nothing that I "have to do." There are things that might be best to do: however, I always have a choice. Life is an adventure, and the universe is always on my side!

Affirmations: I feel good about what I do.    I flow with life easily and effortlessly.



No comments:

Post a Comment