Friday, January 15, 2016

Freedom to Choose Empowerment


Thoughts Take Us Places. Where Are Yours Carrying You?

Thoughts.. 


When I was an infant my reality was shaped by the thoughts of others, by their attitudes, and their beliefs. My infant mind was open and pliable, absorbing the energy and images transmitted to me by my parents. Sadly, my parents were pretty frightened people. I look at my niece and I see her learning, exploring and I think about myself at her age. I think about how vulnerable a child is to absorbing their parents' negative beliefs and how easily influenced a child's thoughts are.
As I grew older, I took on - inherited, many of those fear based beliefs and negative thought patterns and began attracting to me, or creating, circumstances that affirmed and grew those beliefs. I even came up with a few patterns of my very own, some good and some not so healthy.  Still, I accepted the reality that had been established for me through my parents and through others, whose fears painted very bleak pictures of life and what I could have or attain in it. So many beliefs, so much pain.

Now I am grown. My parents are no longer with me. Now, my reality is shaped by the thoughts and attitudes I am holding on to. Now the creator of my experience is, well. . . ME. I am the thinker that opens the door for pain, judgment, rejection, and fear. Now, I am the creator responsible for what I attract into my life.  Owning that responsibility makes me very powerful indeed.

I am free to choose thoughts and beliefs that empower my life, thoughts that will attract a positive, prosperous Now; the only moment that has any power.


Meditation: Meditations to Heal Your Life - Louise L. Hay

No person, place or thing has any power over me unless I give it, for I am the only thinker in my mind. . .
I have immense freedom in that I can choose what to think. I can choose to see life in positive ways instead of complaining or being mad at myself or other people. Complaining about what I do not have is one way to handle a situation, but it does not change anything. When I love myself and find myself in the midst of a negative situation, I can say something such as, " I am willing to release the pattern in my consciousness that contributed to this condition."  I have made negative choices in the past, but this does not mean that I am a bad person, nor am I stuck with these negative choices. I can always choose to let go of the old judgments.

Affirmations:  I always have the freedom to choose my thoughts.  I make new, more supportive choices.



No comments:

Post a Comment