Monday, February 25, 2019

Reaching For Improved Thoughts

"What Is" Can Be Frightening 

Take for example my present situation, recently returned from India to the USA, with everything I own fitting in a carry-on suitcase, no job, no money, and no prospects to start life over with.

At the moment the hardest thing I am coping with is being reliant on my family for assistance and support. They have been wonderful but, the pressure to find employment is immense.  In my worst moments I am a terrified gibbering mess.

What is that Frank Herbert quote from Dune?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration."

Looking for Relief 

Many mornings I wake from a night terror in which I am homeless, because I haven't been able to find work. I don't remember much of the dreams, but I know that the fear is still with me when I opened my eyes. The urgency to be working is so powerful a motivator it has been consuming all of my thoughts and efforts.

Keeping a positive attitude is proving difficult. This has been a tough year and my confidence has been badly shaken by the unhappy experience of going to India and not being able to succeed in making a life there.

I keep reminding myself that Source is my generous provider. I only have to look at the many great and surprising things which came together to bring us home in order to find evidence of it.  I can't be anything but gratefully amazed. 


I Reach for an Improved Thought





The card I pulled today, from my Getting Into the Vortex deck, reads . . .

I Can Find Harmony by Feeling For Improved Thoughts.  
If we were contemplating an action that caused negative emotion, we would not proceed with the action until we had resolved the negative emotion. We would make sure that we had come into alignment with Source before proceeding. By feeling for the improved thought, in time, and usually in a short time, you will feel the harmony of your Source; and you will know the appropriateness of your behavior. we would not look for the long lists of right and wrong, but instead, we would feel for the emotion of alignment with Source.




Today My Best Effort Is In Reaching For Improved Thoughts  


I Am Safe.
Source is my generous provider.
I have everything that I need with enough to share and to spare.
Good health is my divine right.
I Am Safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment