Friday, September 21, 2018

Emotional Set Point and My Miracle

Vonnie

Miracle Return . . .

It has been a long while since I last posted a blog. Plenty has been happening since that last post, but I didn't feel safe in writing about it.

To catch you up, Irfan and I have returned to the United States from 8 months living in India.
Irfan, Abby, Brent and Liam

We arrived in St. Johns, MI, at the end of July 2018, and are staying with my aunt until we are able to re-establish ourselves.

We are safe. We have shelter. We are nourished.

We have been enjoying the green of Michigan with my brother Brent and his children Abby and Liam. GREEN TREES! WATER! Wide open spaces!


Goldie


We have purchased a 2008 Chevrolet HHR.
I have been to a doctor and my diabetes is being treated.

Happy Vonnie
In short, we have experienced a series of miracles that have left our minds reeling and challenged our understanding of how Source is able to provide for our needs.

I didn't write for the longest time because I was avoiding bringing attention or focus to the difficulties we were experiencing while trying to settle in with our family and the religious/cultural environment  we faced in India. Focusing on what wasn't working and on the pain being experienced would only have brought more energy and focus to the things that were troubling us than was healthy for our situation.



Emotional Set Point . . .

The guiding principle of the universe, The Law of Attraction, would tell us that --what we give focus to is drawn to us, or rather, we are drawn toward what we give focus to.  By sharing the difficulties, I was concerned that I would put myself in a negative mindset and contribute to or place undesirable focus on the things I did not prefer. Giving additional focus to the negative would place me more deeply into, and make, the negative complaining voice in my head my "emotional set point" for attraction. The more I talked about the things I did not prefer the more accustomed to that negative frequency I would become. Instead, I focused on what I could do and on the blessings we had around us - a private apartment to live in, enough income to set up house and to meet our living expenses, a scooter - no need to depend on others for transportation, a washer - no need to wash clothes by hand.  We made gratitude lists and repeated them nightly.  We listened to inspirational teachings on YouTube from Ekhart Tolle, and from Abraham/Ester Hicks.  We held each other. We spoke only words of encouragement. We supported each other in every challenge with unconditional love.

I would like to offer an audio I found on YouTube that has helped me. It was taken from the teachings of Abraham, at one of Ester Hicks's channeled workshops.


Practicing a Positive Emotional Set Point . . . 

Even now, I would prefer to keep my mind focused on what is going well in the moment, rather than share with you the drama stories of my time in India. In future blogs, if I am able to re-frame these experiences into a useful example or illustrative story with some spiritual benefit, I may write about what I experienced, what I discovered about myself, the struggles of humanity, the problems I witnessed, and other such. For now I just want to share that. . . We have come home. And I want to reaffirm what became my mantra in India . . .
I am safe.
Source is my generous provider.
I always have everything that I need, with enough to share and to spare.
I Am Safe. 
Source is my generous provider
I always have everything that I need, with enough to share and to spare.
I Am Safe. . . .

What I will share with you today is this . . .

While I was in India our financial needs were being met by our income. However, there was no way for me or my husband to earn enough money to purchase return tickets to the USA. Certainly, at our level of earning and the exchange rate, it would have taken us an unknown number of years to save the price of those tickets. If we had been able to come home, there was no apartment to return to, no job, no car, no clothing. We did the only thing we could do. We surrendered to what was, and accepted all of that. I set my mind, and my husband set his mind, toward finding or creating work -- with the agreement that we would prefer to live in the USA, and should the means be present we would come back. We then turned our focus to doing the best we could where we were at, accepting that for the moment our life was in India.

The next time I was asked how things were going I responded honestly. "Not well, but I don't want to go into the horror stories. If we could come home we would."

That was the turning point. Source took over and moved the willing components into alignment. We stepped into the Vortex of Creation and out poured the miracles.

Four days later my husband and I boarded a plane headed to Detroit. We were able to leave our Indian relatives in good health, with more than enough money to cover our remaining expenses, and all of our household possessions including a new clothes washer, a new refrigerator, and a 2017 Honda Activa 4G scooter. We left without debt, having benefited our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment